Thursday, November 5, 2009

Hyper-active spaz-out mix

Mix 2 is the complete opposite of the first mix. It's sort of an ode to the candy-coma week following halloween. I remember when I was young I would empty out my pillowcase of halloween candy on the floor and proceed to build a candy fortress. After it was all built I would start to consume it all. I'd get all sugar-high and lose myself in nintendo wonderland. By the end of the week my fortress was usually reduced to a few boxes of raisins, some dum-dums, and maybe a few smarties. It's interesting how much that all played into some of my musical interests later in life. Making this mix, it suddenly made sense to me why the Warp records sound appealed to me so much in my teen years. So, anyways this mix is all candy and nintendo. A mix for a spastic 10 year old: 8-Bit Attention Span

1 comment:

  1. Tracklist:

    01. Dan Deacon- The Crystal Cat
    02. Megaman II OST- Bubbleman Stage
    03. Aphex Twin- 4
    04. Squarepusher- A Journey to Reedham (7 A.M. Mix)
    05. Kode 9- 9 Samurai (Quarta 330 Remix)
    06. AFX- Gibbon
    07. Power Pill Fist- YFF, Lou Pappans
    08. Dan Deacon- Red F
    09. Autechre- Cap.IV
    10. Modeselektor- Edgar

    ReplyDelete